The Respiratory Care Program at AMG Specialty Hospital is designed to provide a comprehensive approach for complete respiratory care to patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Program is directed by experienced and dedicated physicians and respiratory therapists. Our physicians and therapists design a plan to meet each patient’s individual needs. The key components of the respiratory team include physicians that oversee airway management and Internal Medicine Hospitalists that monitor the patient’s complex medical needs.
One of our key focuses is the ventilator weaning program. We realize that no two patients are the same, so our ventilator weaning and management programs are very patient specific. The Repiratory Program goal is to advance our patients to their optimal level of health and independence through proven clinical pathways.
Advantages of our Respiratory Program
- Pulmonary Care Plans are tailored to meet the needs of each individual patient.
- The Patient Care Plan is updated weekly. Progresses toward goals are discussed with the patient and/or the family after each Care Plan update.
- Respiratory Therapists are on the unit 24/7 to assure the best possible pulmonary care.
- The Respiratory Team works in conjunction with nursing and therapy services to provide a multidisciplinary approach. Patients are gotten out of bed as cleared by the physician.
- Excellent patient/family education and training are provided to ensure they are part of the healthcare team and are able to participate in the process and progress.
- Low patient to RT ratio
- Ventilator Management and Weaning
- Respiratory Treatments
- Decannulation from tracheotomy
- C-pap and Bi-pap
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia Protocols
- Pulse Oximetry monitoring